Google

Video of the Week

Monday, August 3, 2009

Spotlight Artist


I am a huge fan of any musician that comes out of the Midwest, and no its not the only reason I love them but that individual to blow up on the music scene makes me even happier to be living where I do. Throughout the 90's a lot of artists were signature for their style of rapping fast. You remember Bone Thugs and Harmony, Crucial Conflict, Da Brat, Do or Die, and my Spotlight Artist Twista.

Twista has be on the on the music scene for quite some time. He has been rapping since the age of 12 signing with Loud Records back in '91, so that makes about the age of 6yrs old. If we all can think back Twista made the World Guinness Book of Records for his electrifying fast pace style of rapping, which he later had to defend and reclaimed to be the fastest rapper in the world. Ouch, got to love it.

Twista later moving working with other rappers such as Do or Die, for their hit "Po Pimp," I loved me some Johnny P. He also worked with other Midwest artist such as Da Brat, Crucial Conflict, and R&B sensation R. Kelly.

Twista has been releasing music nonstop since he has hit the music scene but do to lack of album promotion its like he is here and gone the next. I know talent were talents is and no matter how bumpy it may be I will like many other fans will be there for the success of his latest album, Category F5 .

No comments: